*Editor’s Note* – This morning I was listening to Fox and Whine News. In an interview with House Majority Leader, Kevin McCarthy, he was asked whether Trump’s seemingly endless first few days of Executive Actions, was any different than Obama’s. The answer was expected. McCarthy explained that Trump was not writing new Orders, per se, but repealing many of those Obama issued.
Immediately I painted an image in my mind that this would become the “tradition” of succeeding presidents, to spend the first week, month, year, signing Executive Orders to rescind Executive Orders. It is a legal act for a president to change (legally) or effectively repeal (legally) a standing Executive Order, however, what is the point then, if any?
Congress, the corrupt puppets that they are, over the years have allowed for Executive Orders to be used to write new law, side-stepping the Legislative process. That is NOT the job of the president….is it?
Perhaps, instead of perpetuating an act that shouldn’t be so blatantly wrong, it is time for Trump and Congress to get back to clarifying what the purpose of EOs are and keeping the legislative overreach in check.
There will always be EOs but they should be limited.
Gun Owners of America is optimistic that this is only the first in a series of Trump actions overturning illegal Obama actions.
We are also asking for Trump administration action:
- Removing the U.S. from the Anti-Gun UN Arms Trade Treaty;
- Repealing bullet and gun import bans going from Obama back to George H. W. Bush’s semi-auto import ban;
- Repealing the suspension of health privacy laws with respect to gun owners;
- Repealing executive actions encouraging doctors to inquire about gun ownership and to enter this information into a federal health database;
- Restoring gun rights for 257,000 law-abiding veterans;
- Repealing Obama’s efforts to strip Social Security recipients of their guns, merely because a guardian processes their checks.<<<Read More>>>